Commercial & Residential Window Tinting

Now that spring is upon us, there’s no better time to consider window tint as an option for home or office windows. In addition to car tinting, Tint Guys also supplies and installs commercial and residential window films.

Solar (tinted) films are an effective way of reducing heat gain through a glazing system. The strongest heat reducing tints are typically dark, reflective films, that will make the glass look like a mirror from the outside. Think of a big downtown office tower – how the glass is so reflective. These tints can block out about 80% of the total solar energy.

Don’t like the look of reflective glass? Not to worry. Lighter, more neutral looking tints are available as well, that won’t change the look of the glass. “Spectrally selective” or “IR” films can reduce heat gain despite being so light you won’t even know it’s there on your glass! Completely clear UV film is available as well, to help reduce fading and damage from UV exposure.

For more information on commercial or residential window film installation here in Toronto, check us out online at http://www.sunoutsolutions.com

And remember to keep cool this summer!

Advertisements

New remote starter options for Winter 2017 / 2018

Most new model vehicles can now have a “stand alone” remote starter system installed. This means you can use your existing remote key fob to start or stop the car by pushing the lock button 3 times in a row. No need to carry a separate remote! That’s great, right?

The answer is of course, yes. Unless you want a long range, in which case you’ll most likely have to add on a new separate remote. RF Kit remote add-ons typically give you about 3000′ range to remote start your vehicle. The longest range remotes are usually in the 1 mile range.

If that’s still not long enough for you, the next option will be a smart phone remote start system. One great product is http://www.evo-start.ca.

This gives you almost unlimited range in southern Ontario and parts of Quebec. And the best thing is, no monthly fees!

We install all these different options here in Toronto, including other systems such as Compustar, Autostart, Viper and more.

For all your remote car starter needs in the Toronto area, you can check us out online at http://www.Tintguys.ca.

 

Paint Protection Film

Clear paint protection film is a great way to protect and maintain the integrity of the paint job on your vehicle. Also known as “clear bra”, “stone guard”, “clear shield”, or “clear bra”, 3M or other paint protection films (PPF) can be applied and removed from your vehicle at any time.

The film is ultra durable, clear, self healing, and shapes to the contours of your car for a perfect fit. As you drive, little stones, pieces of salt, bugs, and other miscellaneous debris inevitably hit the front end of your car, leaving little chips in the paint. If your car is wrapped in a paint protection film, (PPF) the paint underneath is preserved. So after years of driving, you simply remove the film, and the paint underneath will remain fully intact.

The most common areas of a car for PPF are:

Front hoods, fenders, bumpers, side view mirrors.

The best time to install PPF is when a car is brand new. Don’t wait until after you already have stone chips to get it done!

For more PPF info, contact us any time.

http://www.tintguys.ca/paint-protection-film.html

What’s the deal with window tint VLT?

VLT stands for “visible light transmission.” It is expressed in a percentage point. It is the term used to describe how light or dark a window tint is.

For example, a 5% window tint is very dark. It is also referred to as “limo tint.” If the VLT is 5%, this means that the tint transmits 5% of the light through it, and blocks the remaining 95%.

A 35% tint is lighter. It transmits 35% of the light through it, and blocks the remaining 65%.

What happens to the remaining light that’s not transmitted through the tint? It’s reflected away, or absorbed by the tint.

These 2 scenarios are known as VLR, VLA. Visible light transmittance, and visible light absorbance.

The VLT + VLR + VLA always equal 100%.

For more information on window tint, visible light transmittance, absorbance, or reflectance, contact us any time.

http://www.TintGuys.ca

http://www.facebook.com/tint.guys.toronto

 

 

 

 

Laser cut window tint. Is it really cut with a laser beam??? :)

The answer to this question is of course no!!! The first step in tinting a vehicle’s windows (after preparing the vehicle by cleaning the windows, and in some cases removing headrests, door panels, or rubber trims) is to cut the tint material to size to fit the windows of the given vehicle. This can be done by a skilled tinter by hand, using a cutting blade, or by a special cutting machine. The machine is connected to a computer loaded with a program that has the exact pattern for every window, for almost every make and model vehicle going back to the early 90’s. The machine feeds the tint roll through and controls a blade which cuts the exact pattern into the tint. This process is known as “computer cutting” as opposed to “hand cutting.” Here in Toronto, many people refer to “computer cutting” as “laser cutting.” It’s the same thing. There is no laser beam involved.

Always remember, whether it’s computer cut, hand cut, or laser beam cut, the most important factor in a good quality tint job, is good quality workmanship. At the end of the day, the tint may be cut by machine, but it is always installed by skilled human hands.

For more information about car tinting in Toronto, check out http://www.tintguys.ca, or http://www.facebook.com/tint.guys.toronto

Continuing with the remote car starter theme…

Wow it’s been a few years since the last post – we’re way overdue for an update!

So far winter of 2015/2016 has been all about the smart phone app for remote car starter installations. Toronto winters can be nasty and what better way to avoid scraping ice off a windshield than by letting the heater melt it off without ever having to even get out of bed! With certain Compustar (http://www.compustar.com/) remote starters, you can add on the drone mobile module which allows you to start your car from your smart phone.
In addition to remote starting and stopping the vehicle, you can lock and unlock the doors, and even track where the vehicle is going. Because this is all controlled through your phone, there are no extra bulky remotes you need to carry around attached to your key, and there is no limit to the distance you can start the car from.

You can check out the drone website here for more info: http://www.dronemobile.com

Oh yeah, and if you check out the dronemobile site, you’ll notice the sleek looking car used in the video has nicely tinted windows…of course!

As always, check us out online any time for more Toronto remote starter information, tint pics, or just to say hello! http://www.tintguys.ca

And remember, when driving in snowy Toronto winter conditions, always give yourself extra time, get snow tires, and get a remote car starter!

The Toronto Tint Guys can also get your car ready for the cold winter months….

How you may ask?

Firstly, we supply and install remote car starters. With a remote car starter, you can push a button and start your vehicle from the comfort and warmth of your home or office so that when you get into your vehicle, it’s already warm and comfortable to drive, with your windows already defrosted. When you get into the vehicle to drive, if you touch the brakes before inserting the key, the vehicle will shut down to prevent theft. If the car is started remotely, when you get in the vehicle to drive, you insert the key, and turn just until the radio comes on. (You don’t have to turn the engine over because it’s already running) You can now touch the brakes and put your vehicle into reverse or drive. There are 1 way remote starters, and 2 way remote starters. With a 1 way, once you push the button, you have no way of knowing for sure if the vehicle received the signal and started unless you can peak out a window and see that it is in fact running. (the headlights will be on) With a 2 way, you can look at your remote for confirmation that the car is running. Stay tuned for a future blog post exclusively about remote car starters.

We also supply and install heated seats. Heated seat installations usually start around $250. There’s nothing better on cold winter days!

Extra lighting, such as fog lights, LED light strips, and HID (xenon) lights are also quite popular in the winter time.